Walking Talking Q&B
An annual weekend residential, walking and talking business. It provides an opportunity for Q&B members, who own small businesses, to get a rigorous assessment of their business’s condition and prospects from 11 to 13 peers, in confidential cordial meetings.The initial event is planned for August 2014 and will take place at the Glenthorne Quaker Centre and Guest House, Grasmere in the Lake District, and later to be run elsewhere regionally. To learn more contact Eoin McCarthy.
- Participants members gather on Friday evening.
- Structured conversation by all, on one business, each meal time:-
- First the chosen business owner describes condition of, and their hopes for, their business.
- Then each listener asks a question in turn.
- The chosen business owner then speaks a second time picking up each of the points raised.
- Each listener then responds once and in turn with observations, guidance or more questions for the chosen business owner to consider later.
- Unstructured conversation while strolling in the adjacent beautiful countryside.
- Discounted Quaker group full-board accommodation rate at Glenthorne, a Quaker charity.