Quakers and Business
The focus of this News Update is a report on the Management Committee meeting held at Friends House on Tuesday 12th November.
Annual Conference - "Towards a Quaker bank" - Friends House, London, 13th November 2013.
‘Visioning within today's realities to create a better tomorrow - How can we best create a new Quaker presence in the finance space - for the next 100+ years?’
60 Friends, which included many new faces to the Quakers and Business Group (Q&B) and to the Society of Friends, gathered to consider the issues around creating and running a new Quaker bank, focusing on what it could do, what its products could be, how it would manage its risks both financial and reputational, how all stakeholder groups could measure its success, and how it could start trading.
Some guidelines as discerned from the session held in Edinburgh in August, 2013.
The main focus of this News Update is the Management Committee meeting held on 11th July 2013.
Volunteers and Employees Working Together
22 of us have gathered together to explore issues arising from our many different experiences of the voluntary sector (including the Society of Friends), with a particular focus on two questions:
- Is it possible to run any significant enterprise run solely by volunteers?
- How do organisations change when they start to take on paid employees?
- Minute of the Q&B Spring Gathering 20th April 2013
- News Update April 2013
- HM Treasury's response to Q&B's Tax Avoidance letter
- Q&B in The Friend
- Corporate Tax Avoidance Letter
- Economic Justice Workshops
- Quaker Bank Project
- News Update November 2012
- Minute from our Quaker Business Conference 2012
- News Update July 2012
- Vacancies for Board Membership of Redditch Friends Housing Association
- Small Change Big Deal: Money as if people mattered, a new book
- Building Trust in Business
- Special news update: Spring Gathering - Saturday 21st April 2012 - Woodbrooke
- News Update April 2012